Field Service Software Features: Work Order Management
Work Orders are used to schedule, track and record activities related to resolving a customer’s service request. In Field Force Tracker every work order is linked to a case,
and is then completed by a field technician.
Tools for Resolving Work Orders
- Logging tools enable you to record interactions with your customer as well as capture technician activities while onsite
- Communications such as inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, and notes insure the work order is up to date with the latest issue information
- Through the use of mobile devices, technicians can record travel, arrive onsite, and work complete timestamps, parts used, parts ordered
activities performed, work order related expenses, etc which prevents costly office days filling out paperwork as well as increases the accuracy of information.
- Record the contact, site, and site asset related to the customer’s issue.
- Contract or Time and Materials entitlement insures you are providing the appropriate level of service
- Multi level category codes enable quick categorization of cases for workflow routing and reporting
Workflow To Enable Business Processes
- Complex work flows can be modeled to route work orders through your businesses problem resolution process
- Work orders can be assigned to individuals or groups of people through the use of Pending and Accepted queues
- We provide 5 pre-defined status. New Sub-Statuses can be configured to represent critical points in the lifecycle of a work order
- Closing status and resolution comments insure proper recording of the final disposition of the work order
- Automated events can be created to indicate when a work order will miss a service-level commitment to a customer or when a technician is running late
Work Order History and Reporting
- Work order history is maintained at site, contact and customer levels
- Comprehensive audit trail time and user stamps all actions in the system to provide complete traceability
- Embedded reporting throughout the application provides pertinent information where you need it
Service Level Agreement (SLA ) Management and Tracking Performace
- Visual and systematic indicators help keep Service-Level Agreement commitments on track
- Responsible parties will be notified when an SLA is in jeopardy or has been missed
Long Running Projects Support and Work Order Integration
- Projects can have related work orders to represent field visits to customer sites
- Multiple work orders can be related to a single project to represent complex dispatch scenarios (i.e. installation of a rail track for a production company)
- Work orders contain all of the information necessary to make intelligent resource assignment decisions based on skills, certifications, location, schedule
availability, and required spares.
Recording Client Site Assets
- Work orders provide powerful tools for managing installed equipment or services at a customer site
- Installs, De-Installs, and Exchanges are easily transacted and support even complex part flows such as reverse logistics
- Service history can be viewed by individual site asset providing technicians a view into issues that have been reviewed in the past
Service Work Items
- Work items represent the individual tasks that a technician needs to perform while onsite. This may represent multiple machines that need to be repaired or a multi step installation process that should be followed and checked off as completed
- Powerful templates automate the creation of work items based on work order type. This reduces work order creation time and insures consistency throughout the work order process
- Field Force Tracker also provides flex data capture tools to allow you to require custom information to be captured based on work order type
Work Order Scheduling Tools: Click and Select Scheduling
- Scheduling in Field Force Tracker can be as simple as click work orders and select the tech resources or as complex as fully automated scheduling utilizing the
advanced scheduling engine
- Simple job assignments can be made utilizing the ‘Click and Select’ features of the dispatch board. It’s as easy as picking a job and dragging onto an available technician at the desired time.
- Service Coordinators are notified of the impact to the technicians schedule and daily route and have the opportunity to manually adjust the order of work orders to meet customer/travel needs
- The system automatically notifies the technician’s mobile device of the new dispatch
Technician Availability Matrix
- The technician availability matrix provides front-line call takers or service dispatchers with a ‘cable company’-type scheduling tool providing full visibility to resources.
- The system automatically finds the best engineers based on location, availability, skills, certifications, and preferences and presents the information in blocks of time.
This enables simple negotiation with customers indicating a technician is available, say, “Today between 8 and 12 or 12 and 4.”
- Once a time is agreed upon, the dispatcher simply clicks the desired time block and the technician is assigned and immediately notified on their mobile device
Advanced Work Order Scheduling Engine
- The advanced scheduling engine automatically schedules the best technician allowing front-line problem solvers more time to solve customer issues
- Dispatch scenarios define the importance of a number of different factors giving you complete configurability over the automated scheduling process
- The system automatically finds the best engineers based on location, availability, skills, certifications, and preferences and immediately schedules the job optimizing
service-level commitments, resource availability and daily travel routing. Simply dispatch it and forget it.
Field Service That Delivers the Most to The Customers
Field Force Tracker Enterprise provides your large service organization with the following essential features.
List of Features for Enterprise Service Delivery
Benefits of Field Force Tracker
- Helps in Better Customer Service By Getting Field Reports from the Mobile.
- Helps in better utilization and management of assets/workforce.
- Helps in reducing operating costs in long term.
- Helps in ensuring the discipline and punctuality.
- Helps preventing the loss of work hours and insufficient time in the field
- Actual Travel distance can be calculated & Companies can save on expenses.
- Better Sales and Service in Better Return for the Company
Why Field Force Tracker
Field Force Tracker is simply the best field service software for any company. It has been developed and supported by Rapidsoft Systems Inc, a 15 year old software development company.