HVAC service contracts are fee paid to a HVAC service provider that guarantees the business certain revenue for HVAC system’s routine maintenance. It also guarantees customers trouble free operation.
Most service contract plans are annual, charged on a monthly, half yearly or yearly basis. This annual focus helps to ensure that a customer’s HVAC system is cared for year-round.
Investing in an annual maintenance plan ensures that your equipment delivers optimal, energy-efficient performance and guarantees your customer has a partner for support, repair, and maintenance needs.
Field Force Tracker is a great software for managing HVAC Service Contracts whether you are working on residential services or on commercial services. You can define various kinds of service contracts, billing schedules and plan preventive maintenance schedule etc.
An HVAC business typically offers three types of service contracts:
- Full-service packages that offer repairs, maintenance, and parts at one annual fee.
- Labor-only contracts that include the technician’s time in the annual fee. Anything else, such as parts or consumables, is charged as an extra.
- Preventative and inspection contracts include scheduled check-ups, either seasonally or annually, with additional repair or maintenance separately charged at a discount.
Why Should A Customer Get an HVAC Service Contract?
People who get an HVAC service contract for their home have the goal of keeping their home or office comfortable and healthy. They recognize that regular maintenance of their HVAC system is essential to that goal.
Commercial Offices have a need to keep their heating and air conditioning systems running at all times. This is not an optional for them not to have a maintenance service contract in place.
For residential customers, the primary benefits are cost savings, peace of mind, and home comfort.
However, there are some other benefits that you should ask about when evaluating an HVAC service contract.
These benefits are:
- Priority scheduling to ensure that you’ll always receive the fastest service times available.
- Planned maintenance reminders so you never miss out on servicing your system for the changing seasons.
- No surcharges for after-hours, weekend, or holiday bookings.
- Access to new equipment discounts.
- Discounted or free diagnostic charge
- New air filters sent regularly (recommended every 90 days)
- Expertise in home automation and smart systems
- Focus on health and reducing allergens and other irritants for clean air
Ultimately, the annual maintenance of HVAC equipment prolongs its lifespan, boosts energy efficiency, and helps identify and address issues before they become expensive or unsafe.
Consumer Tips for Finding the Right HVAC Service Contract
When considering an HVAC annual maintenance plan, be aware that the contract’s price, services, and benefits vary widely between providers. Use these three tips to help you find a service contract that’s right for you:
- Choose a local provider that is licensed, insured, and has a proven track record in servicing HVAC systems. Check their BBB rating and review sites like Google and Angie’s List.
- Check that the technicians receive regular training. Ongoing professional training ensures they’re competent at working with the latest technology, new products and that they’re able to advise you on optimizing your setup for maximum efficiency. Our technicians are NATE certified, which ensures that they’re able to maintain, repair, replace and diagnose most types of equipment in your home.
- Ensure you get a contract that’s right for you by explaining your expectations, needs, and budget to a potential service provider.
Contract Tips for Finding Right Field Service Software For Managing HVAC Service Contracts
To manage service contracts, you will need an easy to use and powerful field software. Field Force Tracker is an amazingly powerful and simple to use software for HVAC industry. This offers the following features:
HVAC Contractor Software Capabilities
With the fully customizable and easily configurable Dispatch Scheduler from Field Force Tracker, keeping your scheduling process organized is a breeze. Integrated with GPS location capabilities, staying up-to-date with your technician’s locations and providing jobs to the nearest technician is as simple as a few clicks. Also, the service contract checklists are a great way to ensure your technicians are completing all aspects of the job and maximizing customer satisfaction.
PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULING
Easy to manage PM schedules are very important. They can be easily configured and scheduled.
No need to remember service schedules and dates. The system will take care of all.
FIELD TECH MOBILE APPLICATIONS
Gain a competitive advantage by providing your customers with online access to work orders, invoices and service item history using our Service customer portal. With our powerful mobile apps, your technicians will be empowered to complete more tasks directly from the field without having to return to the office, thus creating a more productive and efficient business. They will have complete access to real-time work order information, equipment and customer history, and even capture electronic customer signatures from their mobile device!
Field Force Tracker’s inventory management is a fully functional, inventory tracking system that maintains complete control over stock and material management. You are able to invoice parts or materials directly through the inventory module, while performing parts markups and track sales at the same time.
Equipment Management from Field Force Tracker efficiently tracks and maximizes your equipment investments. It is fully integrated and handles all aspects of equipment management and accounting, such as charging equipment rental costs to jobs, tracking actual costs and rental revenue for each piece of equipment, scheduling equipment by location, as well as charging inventory parts or assemblies to equipment units. You also have the ability to utilize financial reporting and depreciation for all units.
INTEGRATED RECURRING BILLING
Field Force offers options to integrate different billing patterns. You can bill your contracts monthly, quarterly or annually. The system supports many different kinds of contracts and contracts billing.
Do you want to learn more? Click here to send us your request – Request a Demo?