Successful businesses use technologies to grow their business. The goal of any field service organization to grow its business. Managing your field service workforce can be a difficult task and can eventually prevent you from handling growth and being able to scale your organization. It is perfectly fine if you started your business using Excel sheets or manually managing your job dispatch. However, as field service teams grow, maintaining your business via spreadsheets is a recipe for chaos. Not deploying a good field service software will lead to many lost opportunities.
With the need to increase revenue with fewer resources, businesses now have to work smarter than ever before. Let’s face it, growth is important for any organization, and field teams are forced to reduce operating costs and be more productive. How is the growth going to happen? In order for business operations to improve, they need to look beyond a spreadsheet and start employing tools that will help streamline operations and lay the groundwork for growth in your company and scaling of your field teams as jobs increase and become more complex.
Incorporate a Paperless, Automated Platform
Excel is a powerful program but falls short when it comes to the ability to communicate with your field technicians. In short, a spreadsheet lacks automation. Automation is the main differentiator between a Field Service Management platform and a spreadsheet. Among other things, a spreadsheet doesn’t give you the capability to:
- Communicate with your field teams in real-time
- Capture field data in real-time
- Generate customer quotes
- Invoice quicker
- Generate powerful business reporting
- Automate field communication and business operations
The days of emailing your field technicians their daily schedules are over. No longer do you have to reschedule jobs because of a change order or because a tech is out sick. A Field Service Automation Platform will help you automate your workflow by managing the assets or inventory for your field teams, pushing notifications to the field in real-time, instantly rearranging or rerouting technicians to more appropriate jobs, and preventing missed additional revenue opportunities, to name just a few.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Field Service Management Solution
Organizations that have included cloud-based field service management software in their workflow will likely increase their productivity by simplifying their processes. Expected benefits associated with cloud-based FSMS include:
- Access to the program at any time and from anywhere makes it easy to retrieve information
- Optimizes the allocation of resources
- Helps equipment-centric service businesses improve compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Streamlines issue resolution and reduces Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR)
- Offers organizations increased flexibility to scale accordingly
- Facilitates equipment monitoring so that organizations are up to date with the state of their assets
- Supports inventory management by notifying personnel which materials or parts are needed and which are running low to inform purchasing decisions
- Leads to improved customer satisfaction and promotes better engagement between customers and your business
- Cloud-based programs also allow you to carry on your operations without having to worry about the maintenance of the software. That is the work of the vendor or service provider.
- Cloud solutions often provide high levels of security to business data that some organizations would otherwise not afford
- Implementing cloud solutions is affordable to most businesses since you do not have to buy hardware or any equipment upfront
Reduce Field Team Costs and Improve Workforce Productivity
Whether your growth is driven by strong markets, success in new or emerging markets, or by acquisition, there are always two factors instrumental in improving business performance:
- Lowering your field operating costs
- Increasing your field team performance & productivity
With field service management software, field teams can access information instantly from any mobile device. Now dispatchers have the technology and ability to see all their worker’s location in real-time, which allows them to instantly optimize and re-route technicians according to real-time changes in the schedule or urgent and unexpected field requirements. This helps field teams to be more efficient, driving down fuel costs and increasing daily worker productivity. Field Force Tracker’s Field Service Automation Platform is the industry’s premier cloud-based, end-to-end field service management software with completely automates and streamlines field service operations, from mobile teams to the back-office operation.
Reduced costs and increased performance are instrumental in helping an organization to accommodate growth or to be able to scale quickly. Spreadsheet solutions are limiting and open the door to error and inefficiencies. Field Force Tracker’s Platform connects all the powerful feature sets like scheduling, dispatching, route optimization, field data capture, inventory/asset management, work order management, maintenance tasks, business reporting and intelligence, and more.
Replace Your Spreadsheets with Field Service Management Software
If you are currently using Excel or find yourself spending a lot of time managing a spreadsheet and not enough time managing your mobile workforce, then you need to look into Field Service Management Software. Contact us today to find out how Field Force Tracker really helps move companies forward, do more with less, reduce costs and realize revenue faster.